PARADISE IS HERE!
The Ecological Refuge of Ilha do Caju is committed to the art of well receive, comfort of rustic and unpretentious refuge facilities, quality of services that meet the expectations of its guests, respect for nature, conscience to preserve the environment for future generations and the generation of benefits for surrounding communities.
LOCALIZATION: Ilha do Caju is located in the municipality of Araioses, in the State of Maranhão, in the Delta of the Parnaíba River (APA - Federal Environmental Protection Area), 50 km from the city of Parnaíba, in the State of Piauí.
LAT.: 2º 44’ 59,4” S / LONG.42º 2’ 31,8”
Alíseos winds (from the sea to the earth): August to December.
Average annual temperature: 27º C
Relative humidity of air : 65%
ACCESS: ONLY VIA FLUVIAL
Parnaíba / Ilha do Caju - approx. 3 hours by boat (typical motor boat of the region) or approx. 80 min of speedboat.
Lighting: generator from 06:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 14:00 p.m. to 00:00 a.m.;
Communication: Island / Parnaíba - via radio-telephone / internet via satellite / cellular;
Menu: regional and international;
Farm House: 04 aptos. / all with 2 single beds each, fans and private WC;
06 chalets: All with double bed, fans and private WC;
Cowboy House: 04 aptos./ all with 2 single beds each and 01 with double bed, fans and private bathroom;
Double beds: 2,00mx2,10m; Single beds: 2,00mx1,10m / Except the apt. Tamandua in the House of the Treasury - old single patent beds;
Maximum capacity of the Refuge: 28 guests;
Beach House: headquarters of the Ilha do Caju Institute for Ecodesign and Research - ICEP;
Natural pools between the dunes (crystalline sweet waters): March to August - Melancieiras - miniature of Lençóis Maranhenses
Guarás (Eudocimus ruber): April to August;
Animals - with possibility of sighting: alligators, foxes, deer, toucans, monkeys, woodpeckers, armadillos, mallards, spoonbills, sea turtles, etc.
- The accommodation can be in the chalets, the Cowboy's House or the Farm House;
- All apartments have private bathrooms and fans;
- The rates are charged per apartment;
- Daily with breakfast;
- All boat exits are performed according to the tides;
- It is mandatory to sign a Term of Commitment and an Identification Form before the trip or in the Refuge itself;
- We only accept children from 15 years of age.
- We do not have hot water;
- Special packages to combine;
- In case of special food or if the customer has a physical disability, management must be informed and consulted in advance depending on the characteristics of our business.
- The schedule will be presented each day and can be changed for your best use;
- An environmental fee of R $ 15.00 per person is charged at time of booking. This fee is destined to the INSTITUTE ISLAND OF THE CAJU ECODESENVOLVIMENTO AND PESQUISA-ICEP (SOCIO-ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECTS, MAINTENANCE OF TRAINEES AND VOLUNTEERS, RECYCLING OF GARBAGE, ...);
Click to download (PT-br): Recommendations and important tips
Click to download (PT-br): Term of Commitment